Halocarbon is actively involved in growing a high-performing Innovation Team focused on delivering strong commercial growth through new product development. As a privately-held company, we have a rich history of long-term technology development in leveraging specialty fluorochemical science and technology to unlock breakthroughs that shape the world around us. Today, we are focusing our efforts to produce differentiated and high-value materials for the electronics industry, including chemicals that enable lithium ion batteries to function safely at high voltages, as well as semiconductor fabrication materials that allow for faster and more reliable information processing and storage. We are seeking a highly motivated and talented individual to join our team and fulfill our vision — To Improve the Quality of Life Through Breakthroughs in Fluorochemistry. As a member of our team, you will be given the opportunity to leverage your strengths in research and laboratory excellence and innovate in a team-oriented environment. You will have the support and backing of the Innovation Team and our broader company to develop your career while actively contributing to the growth of Halocarbon Products Corporation. If you are interested in working in a fast-paced, entrepreneurial and caring environment that encourages creativity, cross-functional collaboration and a drive to win, we would welcome your application to join our team. Halocarbon seeks individuals who embrace Halocarbon’s core values of:
- Caring – Have a genuine concern for safety, wellness & the environment.
- Curiosity – Willing to accept change & find better ways to do things.
- Collaboration – Function at a high level within your own team environment & across department lines.
- Competitive Spirit – Act with a sense of urgency and hold self to high ethical standards.
Successful candidates must possess, as a minimum, the following competencies, skills and/or abilities:
- Possess strong safety and environmental values.
- Demonstrated effective oral & written communication skills (English)
- Highly-motivated and Self-Driven – with a personal vision to grow and develop his/her career into senior positions of self-direction and/or customer interface.
- Tenacity, with demonstrated ability and curiosity to move past temporary setbacks and to learn and grow through failure.
- Team-oriented, with demonstrated successes in team-activities and within a team-environment.
- Creativity, with demonstrated ability to develop unique solutions to solve and troubleshoot problems.
- Independence, with demonstrated ability to take ownership of tasks and work to drive them to completion.
- Leadership acumen with demonstrated willingness to coach, mentor, and grow fellow team members.
- Possess ability to estimate an accurate timeline to produce lab scale quantities of materials, search the literature to preliminarily design synthetic protocols to known compounds and ability to interpret data and report findings in a clear and coherent manner (both written and verbal).
Must have BS with at least 2 years of prior practical or industrial laboratory experience or MS with at least 1 year of prior practical or industrial laboratory experience. Must have proven experience in laboratory synthesis (e.g. organic, organometallic). Must have experience in purification of chemicals, particularly through distillation and/or recrystallization and/or column chromatography, experience in characterizing chemical compounds using analytical techniques such as IR, GC/MS, HPLC, and/or NMR, as well as experience working safely with hazardous materials (i.e. pyrophoric, toxic, etc.), with a demonstrated track record of safe chemical handling and superior chemical hygiene. Must be able to design and implement synthetic routes by searching literature and evaluating options relative to Halocarbon capabilities, as well as take ownership of maintaining a clean and safe laboratory environment and related equipment/instrumentation. Ideal experience would include Schlenk line and/or autoclave experience, working with materials at scales up to and beyond 1 kg and scaling chemical processes from gram- through multikilogram-scale. Experience working with gaseous products or intermediates would be of significant advantage. All candidates must have authorization to work in the U.S. All candidates must successfully complete extensive third-party reference checks, a criminal background investigation, a comprehensive medical examination and drug screen.
Halocarbon Products offers its employees a comprehensive benefits package that includes health care coverage’s, life insurance, dental plan, vision plan, 401(k) savings plan featuring company matching contributions, 11 holidays, vacation, short and long term disability benefits, flexible spending accounts and others, some requiring employee contributions.
Qualified applicants should fill out the form below completely by 1/31/2019. Once resumes have been received and reviewed, applicants will only be contacted if they are selected for the next step in the application process.
Halocarbon Products Corporation is an Equal Opportunity Employer.